Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What's Up Wednesday



I missed last week, but I'm back:) I know it's Thursday, but I wrote most of this yesterday.

What I'm Reading

I finished a few books since I posted last. They were: Ivanhoe, Moon Over Manifest, Out of My Mind, and Out of the Dust. Moon Over Manifest and Out of the Dust were my favorites out of these. I am still reading Ella Enchanted, because I'm reading it with my sister, and we haven't had much time to read together. I haven't even started reading Amos Fortune again.... I got distracted with books my siblings brought home. So, I am in the process of reading The City of Ember and Island of the Blue Dolphins. Is it bad that I've only been reading children's books? I don't think so:)

What I'm Writing

Well, I got a little bit more of my character bio done:) I also wrote a childhood memory of mine in story form. I wrote my MMC story yesterday and today. I wrote one poem. And I worked on a children's story. So, I think I'm finding an adequate amount of inspiration, compared to last time. I hope to work some more on my children's story, and on my character bio this week.

What Works For Me

I always have to work on the balance between simply starting on writing something, and waiting until I'm ready to write it. Sometimes, it helps me to just begin. If something doesn't work yet, I'll fix it later. But other times, if I'm really excited about an idea that I have and I do start writing it right away, if it doesn't come out the way I want it to no matter how hard I try to fix it, I get discouraged. Sometimes, I won't ever go back and try to work with it again. So, I think that you have to follow your instinct when it comes to writing: Should you start right away, or wait until you're ready? I usually have a feeling about it. I need to learn to trust my instinct.

What Else Is New

I don't think much has changed this week. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing at this time. 



So what's up with you?


auf wiedersehen, darling

-Maddie

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Trust your instincts... unless your instincts are terrible." :)

    Wow, I didn't even know you wrote that much this week, that's cool!
    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice books you're reading. Although I shall now look down on you for reading only children's books. ;)
    I found Island of the Blue Dolphins to be rather depressing. But I like it.
    City of Ember I didn't like. How are you finding it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Meres:)
    Mia, I haven't gotten very far at all in City of Ember, yet. Once I finish Island I'll read more of it. We saw the movie the other night, though, and it was pretty terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).