Wednesday, September 9, 2015

What's Up Wednesday



This is a weekly blog hop created by J'aime Morrow and Erin Funk. It's meant to help you if you don't know what else to post. It's pretty cool. Gives me an excuse to tell you about my life;)

**I was supposed to put my link in a widget on J'aime Morrow's blog, but I don't see it:( Not sure if this is a thing that people are still doing, but, hey, I will, anyway.**

So here we go. Each week the questions will be:

What I'm Reading

Well, I just went to the library with my sister yesterday and got some pretty good books, in my opinion. I'm pretty excited about them. I've actually read two if them before, and I started the other one and didn't finish it a couple of years ago, but it's making me happy to have them all at home with me at once.

Displaying IMG_20150911_222508.jpg

Isn't that a lovely little stack? I read Ella Enchanted in '12, and my mom read Amos Fortune: Free Man to me and my siblings when we were younger. I started reading Moon Over Manifest in '13, but never finished it. It won the Newberry Medal in 2011, so, yeah, it sounds pretty awesome.

Oh, that reminds me. Only after I got home from the library did I realize that all three of the books that I'd borrowed were Newberry Honor winners. If you even care about that:p

What I'm Writing

Well, I wish I had a better answer for this one, but I'm not currently writing anything. I have written four poems this week (two of which are featured here and here), and I wrote three six word stories, but I am not writing anything right now. I should be finishing the bio for my character so that I will be ready to write that story for Nanowrimo (tell me to do it, so that I'll be motivated).

What Works For Me
(Basically, give a writing tip)

Ummmm.... Well, something that I find really helpful is knowing your end. Usually, when I know what happens in the end of a story that I want to write or am in the process of writing, I can write everything better, and am more motivated to write everything else so that I can get to the end and finish it. So, there's a tip for you that might be kind of obvious:)

What Else Is New

I've been up to a few things, lately. First of all, we went to Kansas City for Labor Day weekend to visit our friends. It was really nice to get to see them again. We also had a family get together at my grandparents' house on Monday, which was fun; we haven't done that in a long time.

Today, I babysat a few kids while their mom taught a Religious Education class, called Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. It was definitely a better job than some others that I've done, but it was still tiring. The kids were cute, though:) And tonight, my younger siblings went to COGS, and my sister and I went to a Religious Ed class for teens. It was pretty fun. I met some new people and got to know others better.

I'm also in the process of enrolling for a CNA course for high schoolers. It is tuition free, and I just have to pay for my books and scrubs and things. I'm pretty excited. Now, I finally have an answer when people ask me what I'm going to do when I graduate!

Also, I've finally updated my about page so that you can better see what kind of person I am. Sorry that it took so long! Sometimes life happens, and you don't get to do the things that you would like to.

So, I hope you've enjoyed this! I have;)



auf wiedersehen, darling

-Maddie

5 comments:

  1. I actually just finished reading Ella Enchanted again. Its the best retelling of Cinderella I've read.
    Not writting anything? :(
    Now that summer is over things look like they're are picking up. Good luck with your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it when I read it the first time. Meredith and I are going to read it together because she's never read it before, and cause we read Fairest together this year.
    There are lots of things I should be writing, but....
    Do you mean that things are picking up for me or for you? Or for everyone?:)
    Thank you! Mom and I have an appointment with the school on Monday to finish enrolling and get my schedule and stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're are...wow, just wow.
    I meant for you guys. But we are getting busy also, so it applies to us to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's so exciting! Yeah, it does look like things are really moving forward, in general. Good luck on your CNA! And Go write the character bio! Be motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I did get some done yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).