Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Dreams - MMC (March 7, 2016)





i had it again -
that inspiration, that conviction,
that motivation,
that feeling.

i had the dream again.

where it went i don't know.
i only know that it was here and now
i can't find it though i want it more than before.

why does fear come crawling and steal your resolve
just when you thought to use it?
life isn't fair -
so say others.
but i can't help but wonder if
we can work around it.

can you do what you would when you had the courage
even if you don't now have it?
i believe that when you feel the least compelled to do something
knowing it is right
that is when you should the most.

deciding something is not really doing it.
when is someone more fulfilled:
when thinking
on something or
on carrying through
with it?

do the poets conjure
or the inventors dream?
does the actor simply feel
or the pastor only contemplate?

i won't have the dream.
no.
not any longer.
instead of closing my eyes in my room and seeing it happen
i'll keep my eyes open and walk through the door
and go see the change i've been hoping will come.

because by God's grace, i'll do it.


I used the sentence prompt. And guys, seriously, Monday's Minutes Challenges are really fun! You should join








Hope you guys are having a great week! Anything new happening?






2 comments:

  1. This is really inspiring. I keep thinking: "This post is my favorite." and then you post another one, and I think the same thing about that one :)
    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Meres! That means a lot:D
    -Maddie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).