Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pan: Mini Reviews in 15 Words





I realize this is sort of a strange post to publish first after a long (by which I mean a long, long, long) blogging break that I never told anyone I was going on. But this is the one I have the most written of, and I really just want to post something for you guys today (it is Tuesday, this time!). Also, I'm really, really sorry about my disappearance! I didn't plan on taking a break, so that's why I didn't give you a heads up. Work just completely took over, and I felt like all I was doing was sleeping and working (which is probably what having a full time job feels like to everyone, but no one was considerate enough to mention it to me, before :P). Anyway, I have this post written for you, and I hope you enjoy it. This image is crappy, but I figured you guys would care more about my topic than spend time hating on the pic. ;)

The other night, I had to stay up until morning so that I could sleep the whole day and wake up for work (Yeah, that job was complicated). I had wanted to see Pan for a while, and I thought I might as well watch it that night. I should have read a Catholic review on it first, because there wasn't a whole minute together of the 15 that I saw of this movie where I wasn't shocked at how anti-Catholic it was. Here are 10 reviews in 15 words that I wrote in honor of the 15 minutes max I could handle watching this movie.


The movie which was the most degrading of my religion that I have ever seen.

The only movie I've ever attempted to review after only having seen 15 minutes of.

I literally said, "What even is this?" 3 times while watching (my sister can testify).

Thought this was going to be awesome; ended up wanting to ask director, "But, why?"

"Peter Pan: The untold story" = true. Because JM Barrie would have been dead by WWII.

Evil nuns selling orphans? Totally goes along with what the book said about Peter's childhood.

"Why I came to the conclusion of "No" After 15 minutes: A review of Pan."

Favorite line, "Can we turn this off?" JK, my sister said it, and I agreed.

How I feel about Pan, "Nopity, nopity, nope." *Tears out hair* *Bangs head on wall*

Why was it necessary to insert hatred towards Catholics in a Peter Pan retelling? #confused


So there you go. Have you seen this movie? If you haven't, based on my reviews, would you watch it? If you have, what are your thoughts on this movie? Did it get better? Can you convince me that I should have stuck it out? Ready, set, comment!







- Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).