Friday, May 13, 2016

Guilty - MMC (May 2, 2016)




Once upon a time, I was free.

I didn't have dread and doom and misery hanging over my head at every waking second.

I had worries, but what were they compared to this?

If you've hurt a person in speech or attitude and felt remorse, go out and take it to the tenth degree, and then come back and tell me how you feel.

No, stop. Don't. That wasn't meant to be taken literally. I'm trying to save you from what I'm feeling. Trying to tell you not to make the same mistake I have.

It's nights like this that I can hardly breathe, the guilt weighs so much.

How can I still be sucking in air when Aaron's death was my fault?

I should turn myself in. Tell them what I know.

But the animal part of me continues to prevail. My instincts say stay hidden. Move away from blame.

The sad part is, I would be happier if I handed myself over, or if I was found.

But I know I don't deserve that.

Someone, anyone, come find me.

I may not be able to do it on my own, but I need someone to come and do for me what I did not do for Aaron:

I need you to save my life.


*tries to pretend she hasn't been away for forever* Heh-hey everybody! How's it going? You like how I'm posting on schedule and everything, right?

Who am I kidding? Will you please raise your hands if this is working?

*cricket*

So, I'm very sorry, guys, for being away for so long! Work has taken a tremendous amount of time and energy out of me, and I have not had time for much besides working, eating, and sleeping. Seriously, I'm not kidding. But since I have three days off in a row this week, I decided to post something, even though it's not Tuesday, which I hope is okay with you. ;) I'm very glad to be back, lovelies, and I am going to try really hard to have a post on Tuesday for you!

This story is 216 words, and I used the sentence prompt. I hope it's not too late, but if it is, I understand!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic





- Maddie

5 comments:

  1. Love it! You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great, Maddie! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you need to write more of this story, girl!!! =D It is so good!!
    And you know what? I have a VERY hard time staying on blogging schedules most of the time! So you are not alone, Maddie! =)
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice story! Your blog looks very nice. :)
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, all of you! You're all dears :D

    -Maddie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).