Thursday, November 12, 2015

Decisions - MMC (October 26, 2015)

"Coward." The accusation rang off the walls and echoed down the length of the tunnel. 
She looked at him in disgust before turning her back on him and continuing her march down the passageway. 

Lenny was motionless, his speech, too, frozen in his throat. She didn't really mean that. She couldn't have meant it. But the tears stung in his eyes, all the same. "You can't, Lana," he called through his tears. "You don't know what's out there. We might never see Mom and Dad again. If we stay, we'll have a better chance of figuring something out."

"This is our best chance, Lenny," she replied, turning back toward him, "of another life to live. We won't ever have Mom and Dad again. I'm sorry, but it's true. I'm trying to give you the best alternative there is. If we stay in the city, we'll rot with everyone else. Don't you want to come and make life as least painful as it has to be?" She held out her arm to him, wanting him to say yes.

But he didn't. "No," he said, wiping his face dry. "You've given up on Mom and Dad, but I won't." He turned and ran the way they had come. 

His sister stood and watched him, wondering which of them was more of a weakling than the other.


It's 224 words, and I used the picture prompt. It is a piece of the story I have been writing for the past MMCs. Thanks, Tessa, for hosting these! 

Oh, and last time I won 2nd place:D


auf wiedersehen, darling

- Maddie 

2 comments:

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).