Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Convictions - MMC (January 25, 2016)


via Pinterest
What is the point of my thoughts 
if they stay
inside my head?
What good is my writing
when there is no one 
to read it? 
What sense is there in thinking
or dreaming?
It is all a waste, anyway.

Because me, I don't matter.
who would want to know 
my feelings or ideas?
I'm just a little nobody,
Living on this earth and questioning
why.

And then I see it.
I look up to the 
                                                                gray skies that
                                                                 surround me,
                                                                 feel the breath
                                                                  which rolls off the sea,
                                                               hear the waters
                                                                 crawl desperately to the
                                                                  shore and collapse, 
                                                                 taking their rest.
                                                                 I see how 
                                                               You see it.
                                                              And I know
                                                            that
                                                            I am made
                                                           to share
                                                           my thoughts and feelings,
                                                          my dreams and writings,
                                                         and my little opinions
                                                          about the big wide world.
                                                         Because 
                                                         if I've been touched by someone
                                                     then maybe someone is
                                                     waiting to be touched by
                                                        me. 


I used the picture prompt, and it is 151 words. Click here to find out more about Monday's Minute Challenge.



auf wiedersehen, darling

-Maddie

10 comments:

  1. I like "little opinions about the big wide world." So true. I love how the stories we write, whether they're true or made up, can touch people and glorify God. That's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emma! I think it's amazing that God gave us the ability to create things along with Him. He didn't just create the world and then decide that no one else needed to come up with anything. And also what you said about touching other people through our stories. He lets our work have meaning, and yes, that is awesome:)

      Delete
  2. Hey, Maddie! That was so cool! That is exactly what I feel like when I write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther! It's good to know that other people can relate to this:)

      Delete
  3. I can't find anything eloquent enough to say about this, but it touched me :)
    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).