Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Coffee Shop Chats - The Second





Hey, everybody! How's your week been? I, uh... Well, I'm sorry for not posting my MMC story. Life started to happen, and I didn't have time. I made the image for it, and I started writing it, but I did not have the time to finish it. Forgive me, please? Look, I'll show you the cover:




Does that make you feel any better? :)

Okay, so today I'm back with Coffee Shop Chats. Find out more at Tessa Emily Hall's blog here.


What I did this week

Guys.

Guess who took a step towards becoming an adult this week?

Me. That's who.

I got a job as a CNA at the nursing home in town! It's only 3 days a week, but it's the 12 hour night shift. I haven't started on nights yet, because I needed to be trained in using the lifts and things, but I'm starting tomorrow night. I have to try to stay up as late as I can tonight so that I can sleep all day tomorrow so that I can wake up and go to work and not have to have stayed up for 24 hours. So if this post ends up being published at 2:45 in the morning, you will know why. Also, prayers that I will be able to adjust well to the change would be greatly appreciated. :)


    Pictures taken

I don't think these were only from this past week, but here are some of my favorite pictures that I have taken recently. 

Coffee, family, and Bleak House? I think yes.

New Job + Candy Gift
Can this get any better?

#shadowselfieatsundown

Baby Brother's First Birthday
#whenyourbrotheriscuterthanyou
#mybrotheriscuterthanyours

Taken on St. Patrick's Day.
Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream.
New Travel Mug.
#freshandgreen

And I have a lot more that I want to post sometime, but it is not this day. Maybe when I need a quick post and I need to throw it together really fast, I'll post some pics from the March For Life and other of my favorites from this year. 





    Music I've enjoyed

I put together the Energy playlist as featured on Pursue Magazine in this post by Caroline George, and have been really liking it so far.




I'm working on putting the Life Vibes playlist together. Hopefully that will happen this week.

Grateful for

Life.
Family.
Chats with friends.
Learning more about the Myers-Briggs personality types.
My job.
Adoration.
Being able to venerate relics of more than 150 saints (a post on that soon to come).
Music.
The library.
The Season of Easter.
Late night talks with my Mom about what really matters.


Prayer requests

I would like to ask for your prayers, and possibly even your financial support, of an elderly couple who are dear friends of my family. Nanay and Tatay (grandma and grandpa in Filipino) Ludi and Lupe didn't live very far from us when we lived in Malaybalay, Philippines. Nanay Ludi taught us Visaya (a Filipino dialect), and knew very good English because she'd lived in the States for 10 years. She was even friends with Mother Angelica. We helped her and her husband open a small store in the front of their house so that they could support themselves. Not too long ago, their landowner came and kicked them off of the property. They lived with relatives at first, but when the situation became stressful, they moved out and slept out in the open for a few days while their grandchildren built them a very basic shack so that they have a roof over their heads - but not even any walls

VIA Romeros On Mission

The rainy season is coming, and the little structure will not be able to provide protection from the winds and rain. Our missionary friends, who are currently stationed in Malaybalay, are asking for donations for this couple so that they can build them a proper dwelling place. Please pray for them and consider making a donation so that my Filipino Grandma and Grandpa can have a home. To donate, please go here. If you want to read the blog post from our missionary friends, the Romeros, go here. Thank you, so much. 

Quotes I'm enjoying




I needed this tonight. I really did.













(All of these were from Pinterest.)



What are your favorite Christian music albums?



             

            

            

             


You asked for the albums. I gave you the albums. :)

How many books have you read so far this year?

Let me consult Goodreads.

I've read 13. And most of these are super awesome:)

 And now, a package of questions for you.

  • I'm an ISFP. What Myers-Briggs type are you?

  • Is there something you've been dying to say to someone, anyone, but there hasn't been a good time to say it? Go ahead. I'm giving you permission to share it now. Just keep it nice, of course.

Whew! That took me just about forever to put together. It was loads of fun, though, even though I wasn't able to say all that I wanted to because of the time. How has your week been? Are you going to join us as we sip our coffee (or tea or hot chocolate) and discuss our lives? What are your favorite Christian albums? How many books have you read this year, and which ones are they? Do you have a reading goal? Do tell all in the comments!







- Maddie

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job and I hope you manage the night shifts okay!! It must be hard to switch over your body clock though right?! Eeeep, good luck! AND YES YOUR BROTHER IS CUTER THAN MINE. xD hehe Actually, just so entirely adorable. My niece's 1st birthday is today. :')
    And I'm an INTJ...so the villain of every story *coughs awkwardly* And I've read 60 books this year but a lot of them have been rather slack and I'm mopey about reading currently. *sighs*
    CHOCOLATE IS LIFE. :D Speaking of which, I'll change my "coffee" to a chocolate, if you don't mind. ;D

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cait! I'm so sorry I took so long to reply! Life has taken over my... life? In other words, I've been extremely busy.
      Yes, my body clock is all weirded out at times, and working the night shift makes it difficult to remember what day it is, etc. But it is fulfilling work, and I'm happy that I was able to learn this skill! THANK YOU, AND HAPPY (REALLY LATE) BIRTHDAY TO YOUR NIECE! THAT'S SO EXCITING! My Mom's birthday is on April 8th, too! Oh, INTJ! That's neat. I have a friend who blogs at Keeping It Real: Diary of a Not Very Indian Girl, who is also an INTJ. You guys are amazing people:D Wow, 60 books! *looks at my measly pile and shoves it out of view* That's awesome. But, yeah, I hate when you get to a certain point and your reading life is just sort of dry:( Maybe the chocolate will help? :)

      Thanks so much for visiting, Cait!

      - Maddie

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow. Somehow I missed that you have 12 hour shift. Good luck with that. :)
    You guys got Bleak House? Yay! Such a good series.
    Did you get your ice cream maker fixed or did you just do it your makeshift way ? I hope it is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep-a-dep. It's a long day - er, night. But at least I know I'm helping people:) Yes, Bleak House is like my favorite BBC series ever... besides Robin Hood. It was my Christmas present from Mom and Dad:D Oh, I forgot about telling you! Our ice cream maker does work now! I think it was the kind of salt we were using or something that wasn't working before. I'm so glad we figured it out. Thanks for it, again! Homemade ice cream is just the best. ;)

      - Maddie

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the job!! That'll be interesting. Also I'm so jealous of your copy of Bleak House, I want one! :D
    I'm INFP in the Myers Brigg. I love being INFP. Do you like your personality type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abi! It was a big challenge the first few days, but I'm getting the hang of it now:D I got my copy of Bleak House at Barnes & Noble as a late Christmas present. I was so happy they had it! Oh, Meredith is an INFP, too:) That's awesome. Yes, I love my type! I'm really happy to be me:D
      -Maddie

      Delete
    2. Nice, I'll have to remember that Barnes & Noble has it. :) Oh cool, I'm twins with Meredith! :D

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on real life! It sounds so exciting to take such a big step. Good luck on the new job! Nanay Ludi's new house is almost complete. She really enjoyed visiting with all the Camiguin students who came on a mission trip to Malaybalay and helped build it (and who give their regards to you!). Nice photos, by the way. You should start posting on your Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! It was scary at first, but I'm getting the hang of it, and it is exciting now:) Oh, that's so awesome that the students were able to go and help! Tell them I send my regards, also... to them, and to the Openas, as well! Thanks :D. I wish I could post on Instagram, but I don't have a phone yet:( It's coming soon, though!

      - Maddie

      Delete
  5. I'm going to post as the odd one out, being an E and represent Extraverts in the book world ;). I'm an ENFP and yes, your aunt is still creeping on your blog posts. I love you lots! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad that you're finding my posts interesting enough to still poke through! :) That's awesome! ENFPs are really cool. We're pretty sure that Vincent is one, too! Thanks for commenting and making my day, Aunt Katie! ;) Love you, too.

      - Maddie

      Delete
  6. What is ENFP and the personality thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Teresita! There are 16 Myers-Briggs personality types, and everyone basically fits one of them. There are: ISFP, INFP, INFJ, ISFJ, INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP, INTP, ENTP, ENTJ, ENFP, ENFJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ESFP, ESFJ. "I" means you are Introverted, "E" means you are Extroverted, "S" means you are Sensing, "N" means you are Intuitive, "F" means you are Feeling, "T" means you are Thinking, "P" means you are Perceiving, and "J" means you are Judging. If you want to find out more about it and take the test to see which type you are, you can go here: https://www.16personalities.com/

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).