Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Autumn

picture via Pinterest. edited by me.

Hello, people. How are you? Today is the first day of winter, and before it goes another day further, I am going to share a poem that I wrote on Thanksgiving. Enjoy, and happy first day of winter! Also, Merry Christmas (it's coming up so fast, y'all)!


Rain
Droplets racing down my window pane
Which will be first? Impossible to tell
Too many to count

Wind
Cold beating on my windows and the door
Will you let me in? It's screaming
I remain deaf to its pleas

Blankets
I snuggle with a book in bed
What time is it? I brush the thought away
I'm cozy in this autumn atmosphere


auf wiedersehen, darling

- Maddie

2 comments:

  1. I'm just wondering why there's no mention of tea or cider. Joke Lang. It's really lovely.
    And merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, I'm listening (but before you ask, no, you cannot have my case of Wonka Bars).